Avery M. Chenin
For more than 25 years, Avery has counseled businesses and their owners on how to incorporate employee ownership into their business succession plans. He represents closely held businesses and their selling shareholders, ESOP sponsors and ESOP fiduciaries in transactions involving employer securities.
Avery works with companies and their owners in the planning, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of ESOPs. He also helps clients with IRS and Department of Labor examinations and audits, and in the resolution of plan defects, including the submission of plan corrections under both the IRS and Department of Labor correction programs.
In addition, Avery assists companies with executive compensation, welfare plan and employee benefit plan issues that are a part of these and other transactions.
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
- Case Western Reserve University, B.S., Accounting, 1985
- The ESOP Association – Legislative and Regulatory Committee Member
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ruffing Montessori School, Board of Trustees Member and Vice-President
Selected Speaking Engagements –
- “Case Studies – How to Fix Problems in Your ESOP,” Moderator, 2018 Great Lakes Regional ESOP Conference, Sandusky, OH, October 19, 2018
- “The Morning After – What Happens the Day After You Become an ESOP,” Moderator, 2018 Great Lakes Regional ESOP Conference, Sandusky, OH, October 19, 2018
- “Effective ESOP Boards of Directors, Parts 1 and 2,” 2018 Ohio Employee Ownership Conference, Fairlawn, OH, April 27, 2018
- “A Day in the Life of an ESOP Trustee,” 2017 Great Lakes Regional ESOP Conference, Sandusky, OH, October 20, 2017