Marketing and Business Development Specialist
The Stevens & Lee Companies, a platform of affiliated legal and professional service companies with its corporate location in Reading, PA, welcomes exceptional people who demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of initiative and creativity. Due to continued growth and expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Marketing and Business Development Specialist to join our ESOP (“Employee Stock Ownership Plan”) Group. An ESOP involves a sale of the business to a retirement trust that ultimately benefits the company’s employees. ESOP companies help build community wealth and narrow the income gap for low-to moderate-income families. ESOPs also help keep businesses in the community.
Our ESOP professionals are part of our SES ESOP Strategies, LLC (“SES”) company. SES is a 17 person national consulting firm that combines the expertise of ESOP consulting, financial, investment banking and legal professionals to assist companies in creating and maintaining successful, sustainable employee ownership results through an ESOP.
The successful incumbent will work in either our Reading or Bala Cynwyd, PA, offices. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with select professionals to support them in advancing their professional BD activities based on their plans;
- Develop business development materials, including pitch books, case studies and proposals;
- Research and vet new opportunities for networking, speaking engagements, thought leadership (articles, etc.);
- Event planning and management for approximately 30 industry events per year; and
- Work with marketing communications or web content manager to create new marketing collateral and/or website content to support BD objectives.
- A/B.S. in Marketing or related field as determined by management. M.A./M.S./MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of marketing and business development experience; professional services marketing experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility are required.
- Previous experience developing and writing proposals or other professional materials.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and reliable with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, stay poised under pressure and multi-task with a high volume of work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels across the Firm
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as CRM systems.
We recognize capable and talented people. As a professionally managed business in a competitive industry, we expect a lot from our staff. In return, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package, discretionary merit bonuses, training and educational opportunities.
Please send your cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stevens & Lee is a full-service law firm of 220 professionals representing clients regionally and across the nation. We regularly handle some of the most complex and challenging transactions and litigation in the country for clients of all sizes in a number of industries.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we have an immediate opening for a mid-level Attorney to join our ESOP (“Employee Stock Ownership Plan”) Group. An ESOP involves a sale of the business to a retirement trust that ultimately benefits the company’s employees. ESOP companies help build community wealth and narrow the income gap for low- to moderate-income families. ESOPs also help keep businesses in the community.
Our ESOP lawyers are part of our SES ESOP Strategies, LLC (“SES”) Platform. SES is a 17-person national consulting firm that combines the expertise of ESOP consulting, financial, investment banking and legal professionals to assist companies in creating and maintaining successful, sustainable employee ownership results through an ESOP.
Our ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years of strong mergers and acquisitions transactional experience. ESOP experience is not required. You will work in a collegial, flexible location from any one of the following offices in Pennsylvania: Bala Cynwyd, Harrisburg, King of Prussia, Reading or Philadelphia. If you are highly motivated and seek growth, development and support while gaining additional substantive experience with increased responsibility, we want to talk to you. Our compensation package is competitive with excellent benefits and accelerated career opportunities.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com.