Bart R. McIlonie
Bart has provided ownership transition, mergers and acquisitions and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) advisory services for privately held clients for more than 10 years. He has represented ESOP plan sponsors and plan administrators and ESOP trustees in transactions establishing ESOPs, as well as shareholders selling to an ESOP.
A North Dakota licensed CPA, he advises clients on a wide variety of tax, corporate finance, executive compensation and ESOP operational issues, as well as ESOP sustainability and general corporate compliance-related matters.
Bart previously served as vice president of consulting and a managing director at a boutique ownership transition firm.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2005
- University of Jamestown, B.A. in Accounting and Finance, 2001
- North Dakota
- The ESOP Association – Legislative and Regulatory Committee Member
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- North Dakota Society of CPAs
Selected Speaking Engagements
- “ESOP Fake News and How to Dispel it at Your Company,” ESOP Association Midwest Regional Conference, September 2018
- “How to Finance an ESOP,” NCEO ESOP Nuts and Bolts Conference, August 2018
- “Managing Unexpectedly High Benefit Levels,” Las Vegas ESOP Association Trade Show and Conference, November 2016