Richard B. Weed, CFAVP, Client Development
Rick assists companies, owners and other stakeholders on business transition strategies, with a particular focus on ESOP ownership transactions. He has significant experience in portfolio management, asset management, investment growth plans and risk and liquidity due diligence that provide clients with unique perspectives on the opportunities and challenges of implementing employee ownership.
Rick has more than two decades of experience in investment management. Prior to joining SES ESOP Strategies, Rick was a Team Lead at Mackenzie, one of Canada’s largest investment firms. He has also held various leadership and executive roles at hedge fund and investment advisory firms where he oversaw the development and growth of a range of portfolio and investment funds.
- MIT, Sloan School of Management, M.S., Management, with concentrations in Finance, Accounting and Operations Management
- Northeastern University, M.S., Chemical Engineering, with specialization in computer simulation
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Chemical Engineering
- Marblehead Current, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- CFA Institute
- Boston Security Analysts Society
- Chicago Quantitative Alliance