Sean advises companies, business owners, boards of directors and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) trustees on transactional, corporate governance and formation matters related to the design and implementation of ESOPs. Sean’s work includes drafting and negotiating agreements and other documents for stock purchases, leveraged buyouts, mergers, reorganizations and corporate governance and formation matters.
Sean began his career as a corporate transactional lawyer, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, fund services, venture financing and marketplace/P2P lending. His experience also includes advising nonprofit, charitable and other tax-exempt organizations and social enterprises.
Sean serves on the Advisory Board of Talley Management Group, a ESOP-owned company based in Mt. Royal, NJ. In addition to his professional work, Sean serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Independence Mission Schools, a network of 15 independent Catholic schools providing a transformative education to children of all faiths across Philadelphia, and Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, an organization dedicated to alleviating food insecurity in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Political Science, 2008
- New Jersey
- The ESOP Association, Executive Committee of the Public Policy Council
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Barristers Association of Philadelphia
- The African-American Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ and DE
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, Section on Business Law Council and Member, Title 15 Committee and Closely-Held Business Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, Small Business Committee of the Business Law Section
- Talley Management Group, Member, Advisory Board
- Association for Corporate Growth, Cleveland and New Jersey Chapters
- Exit Planning Exchange, Philadelphia Chapter
- Nutritional Development Services of the Archdioceses of Philadelphia, Director and Vice President
- Independence Mission Schools, Director
- Our Mother of Consolation Parish School, Advancement Committee
- Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance and the ICA Group, Pro Bono Attorney
As published in the Philadelphia Business Journal, Sean was named among the 2021 Greater Philadelphia Region’s “40 Under 40” honorees.
- “Maximizing Stakeholder Value in Business Transitions.” Pennsylvania Bar News, April 5, 2021.
- “ESOPs: A Balanced Option for Closely-Held and Family Business Succession Planning.” The Pennsylvania Bar Association Business Law Section Bulletin, Fall 2019 Edition.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- “Estate and Business Succession Planning for Family-Owned Businesses,” co-presenter, Philadelphia Bar Association, Philadelphia, PA, Dec. 10, 2020
- “Tale of the Tape – Comparing and Contrasting the Business Transition Options (ESOPs, Management Buy-Outs, and Third-Party Sales) for Closely-Held Business Owners,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Business Law Institute, Philadelphia, PA, Nov. 18, 2020
- “Is an ESOP Right for You?” Exit Planning Exchange Philadelphia seminar, Newtown, PA, Feb. 26, 2020
- “The Advantages of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) for a Closely-Held Business Owner,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Business Law Institute, Philadelphia, PA, Nov. 22, 2019
- “ESOP Jeopardy,” 2019 Multi-State ESOP Conference, Pocono Manor, PA, Sept. 19, 2019
- “Legal and Regulatory Update,” 2019 Pennsylvania/Delaware Chapter of The ESOP Association, State College, PA, March 28, 2019
- “ESOP Jeopardy,” 2019 Pennsylvania/Delaware Chapter of The ESOP Association, State College, PA, March 27, 2019